Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program
The 2020/2021 Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Application deadline was Friday, September 18, 2020.
The Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program assists long term care employees seeking to further their education achieve their professional and personal goals. Since 1985, the Foundation has awarded nearly $3 million dollars in scholarships to more than 1,600 deserving long term care staff, known as “Foundation Scholars.” The annual program, funded through the generosity of long term care providers and related organizations, supports the Foundation's mission to promote the development of a skilled and committed workforce.
The Foundation scholarship awards. Scholarships are awarded to selected applicants to cover direct, out of pocket expenses for tuition, fees, books, and supplies. These expenses can only be submitted if not covered by other forms of payment, such as financial aid or grants. School loans are considered as an authorized expenditure. Awardees receive the scholarship award in two installments and are required to complete a scholarship expenditure form documenting how they spent their full scholarship award prior to receiving their second installment.
Application and Selection Criteria
- applicant must be employed by a Massachusetts Senior Care Association member nursing facility, residential care facility, certified assisted living residence or continuing care retirement community and have worked in one of those settings for at least one year
- have received above average performance evaluations from applicant's supervisor
- are pursuing licensure, certification, or an advanced degree in a field directly related to careers in a licensed nursing facility, residential care facility, certified assisted living residence or continuing care retirement community
- are enrolled or accepted into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s)
Required Components of Application
- Completed Application Form
- Personal Essay
- Letter of Recommendation from applicant’s direct supervisor or manager describing why s/he believes the applicant has the skills, attitudes, and commitment to achieve their professional goals
- Proof of Enrollment/Acceptance: Must submit a letter of acceptance into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s), or if already enrolled, a copy of most recent transcript (an “official” copy is not required).
If you have any questions, please contact Denise DeSimone at firstname.lastname@example.org.