Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program
2023 Scholarship Application Now Available
The Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation’s annual Scholarship Program assists long term care staff in meeting their personal and professional goals through furthering their education. Since 1985, the Foundation has awarded nearly $3 million dollars in scholarships to more than 1,600 deserving long term care staff, known as “Foundation Scholars.” The annual program, funded through the generosity of long term care providers and related organizations, supports the Foundation's mission to promote the development of a skilled and committed workforce.
The Foundation is now accepting applications for its 2023 awards. Scholarships from $500 to $2,000 will be awarded to selected applicants to cover direct, out of pocket expenses for tuition, fees, books, and supplies incurred during the period January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023. In addition, the Peggi Leoni Memorial Scholarship, in the amount of $2,000 will be awarded to an applicant who embodies the qualities of leadership and caring, as well as a commitment to quality in long term care, that define Peggi’s legacy. Applicants must be currently employed by a Massachusetts Senior Care Association member nursing facility, residential care facility, certified assisted living residence or continuing care retirement community and have worked in one of those settings for at least one year. Prior scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for a 2023 Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship.
2023 Application and Selection Criteria
- Be employed by a Massachusetts Senior Care Association member nursing facility, residential care facility, certified assisted living residence or continuing care retirement community and have worked in one of those settings for at least one year;
- Received above average performance evaluations;
- Be pursuing licensure, certification, or an advanced degree in a field directly related to careers in a licensed nursing facility, residential care facility, certified assisted living residence or continuing care retirement community; and
- Be currently enrolled or accepted into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s) during the period January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
Required Components of the 2023 Scholarship Application
- Completed Application Form
- Personal Essay
- Letter of Recommendation from applicant’s direct supervisor or manager describing why s/he believes the applicant has the skills, attitudes, and commitment to achieve their professional goals.
- Proof of Enrollment/Acceptance: Must submit a letter of acceptance into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s), or if currently enrolled, a copy of most recent transcript (an “official” copy not required).
Please click here to access the online 2023 Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Application. Please note that the application and all required components must be submitted online at the same time and received by Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, August 11, 2023. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed or considered.
Please encourage your employees to take advantage of this opportunity and post this flyer in your facility. If you have any questions, please contact Caitlin Hughes, Membership Engagement Coordinator, at 617.558.0202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.